NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY YUM YUM
Recipe provided by: https://www.thekitchenismyplayground.com/2020/01/no-bake-strawberry-yum-yum.html
- 1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 6 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 3 T. granulated sugar
- 1 (21 oz.) can strawberry pie filling
Prepare the Crust:
- With an electric mixer, cream together softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- By hand, mix together whipped cream and cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Spread a little less than half the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture evenly over the crust.
- Drop strawberry pie filling by large spoonfuls on top of the cream cheese layer. Gently spread strawberry pie filling evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Top strawberry layer with the remaining cream cheese/whipped cream mixture. Gently spread it evenly over the strawberry layer, covering it completely.
- Sprinkle the top with the 2 tablespoons reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
- I buy the "premium" strawberry pie filling so there are more strawberries in the Yum Yum strawberry layer.
- You can substitute an 8 ounce container of Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping for the homemade whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture if you'd like.
- We like our Yum Yum and its layers thick! And that's just how this recipe turns out - nice, thick creamy layers. We recommend doubling the recipe for a 9x13" pan. You could "stretch" this recipe to a 9x13" pan, but the layers will be very thin (and you would probably need to double the crust portion for it to adequately cover the bottom of the pan).