Every Easter momma would always make the most delicious and moist carrot cake, with a beautiful layer of cream cheese frosting topped with crushed nuts. I haven't been able to find the recipe the last several years but during COVID-19 quarantine I was able to pull it out of the archives. Be sure to serve with a glass of cold milk. Enjoy!
2 Cups Plain Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1.5 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tsp. Salt
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
2 Cups Sugar
1.5 Cups Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Raw Grated Carrots
1 Can Crushed Pineapple (8.5oz)
1/2 Cup Chopped, Drained Pecans or Walnuts
1/2 Cup Chopped Dry Pecans or Walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting (click here for homemade recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350. Sift together first 5 ingredients with your Bromwell sifter.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs with whisk, add sugar - beat until dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into 3 greased 9in pans. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until done.
- Cool on your Nostalgic Cooling Racks.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and top with dry, chopped nuts.