Nothing can fill your home up with delicious and comforting aromas quite like a warm apple pie. Break out your apron, pie pans and sifter because we are going homemade with this easy apple pie recipe. Special thanks to @take_a_bake_break for the pictures and recipe!
-2 cups flour
-2 sticks cold butter
-1 tbsp granulated sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tbsp red wine vinegar
-3 tbsp cold water
-about 10 small apples, peeled and chopped
-3 tbsp brown sugar
-2 tbsp lemon juice
-1 tbsp ground cinnamon
-2 tbsp cornstarch
1) Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl using your Legendary Flour Sifter.
2) Using a food processor, blend together the flour mixture and butter until coarse crumbs form.
3) Transfer to bowl and knead in the red wine vinegar and water.
4) Chill the dough at least one hour in the fridge.
5) For the apple filling, toss the apples with the brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cornstarch.
6) Cook apple mixture on low heat over the stove top, roughly 5 minutes.
7) After the dough has chilled, split into two pieces, roll one on a floured surface and press into the pie plate.
8) Fill with the apple filling and top with a lattice crust made from the second piece of dough.
9) Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes, and allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!