- 6 to 8 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 8 medium peaches)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine peaches, blueberries, bourbon, 1⁄3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour (sift first using our Legendary Flour Sifter), 1⁄3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add cream, stirring gently just until dough forms. Spoon fruit mixture into a baking dish; top with crumbled dough. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.