Many companies make perfectly good flour sifters. We make the best. This is the original reference for all flour sifters made to this day, identified by its ultra fine mesh, proprietary 4-wire agitator, and wood-knobbed crank. In 1819, Jacob Bromwell® invented the world's first flour sifter, which became patented in 1930 (Patent No. 1753995). Over 200 years later, while decorative details of the flour sifter have varied—from colorful knobs in the early 1900s to kitschy painted varieties in the 1980s and '90s—our original 3-cup design and manufacturing process remains virtually unchanged. This durable kitchen sifter works like magic to produce the finest, smoothest flour possible for perfect cakes, cookies, and more. With no squeeze mechanisms, our sifter is easy on the hands—it’s especially great for those with arthritis—and can easily convert for left-handed use, thanks to its detachable parts. Plus, the outstanding build quality means your sifter will last for generations. Why purchase a knock off when you can own the real thing?
- Hand-built, shipped & sold direct from the manufacturer
- Extraordinary build quality backed by a true Lifetime Guarantee
- 100% authentic and best price guaranteed
- Option to pay over time with Affirm (0% APR for qualified customers)
- Buy confidently with easy returns & exchanges
- Complimentary shipping on all U.S. orders
- Highly acclaimed pre and post purchase customer support
- Have a question? We look forward to serving you and exceeding your expectations. Contact our concierge
An iconic kitchen classic.
In production since 1819, this is the world's original flour sifter, identified by its wood-knobbed crank and four-wire agitator.
Proprietary 4-wire agitator.
Our secret? Our proprietary ultra fine mesh and 4-wire agitator, available in both 3-cup and 5-cup models. Together, they guarantee the finest, smoothest flour possible for perfect cakes, cookies and more.